World Bible School Teacher Agreement
The term "teacher" and "study helper" are used interchangeably in this document and by World Bible School.
The Spirit of this Agreement
World Bible School (WBS) courses teach important Christian doctrines. Not all people who claim to be Christians hold to these doctrines. Simple integrity requires that people who claim to teach and represent WBS should be consistent with the WBS courses.
WBS therefore reserves the right to deny a teacher application or to disqualify an existing WBS teacher from the program. Any denial of application or disqualification should not be seen as a judgment on any person’s relationship with Christ, but rather a way for WBS to keep its integrity and remain accountable to its leaders and supporters.
Statement of Belief
World Bible School teachers agree to live by and teach by the following statement:
As a WBS Study Helper, I agree that I am a member, in good standing, of the Lord's church. Christ has added me to God's family when I trusted His Gospel, repented of my sins and, as a believer, received immersion for the removal of my sins.
Teachers who fail to live by, or teach by this standard will be disqualified from teaching with World Bible School.
Teacher Age Policy
- World Bible School teachers must be at least 13 years old.
- World Bible School teachers who are between the ages of 13-17 may only teach students who are also between 13-17. Students who are under 13 years old may only study through postal mail.
World Bible School maintains the right to disqualify teachers for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to follow Christ faithfully
- Failing to practice the great truths taught by the Bible
- Teaching or promoting doctrines or teachings not in agreement with the Bible or the World Bible School curriculum
- Communicating or acting immorally with students
- Communicating or acting belligerently, distastefully, or rudely towards students, other teachers, or World Bible School
- Making requests to teachers or students for financial assistance or any other physical resources.
- Operating disingenuously towards students, other teachers, or World Bible School
- Failing to adhere to World Bible School guidelines for follow-up (see below)
- Communicating with students outside the usual WBS channels for the purpose of bypassing review by World Bible School
WBS reserves the right to interpret these standards on a case-by-case basis. By agreeing to teach with World Bible School, you are submitting to the sometimes subjective, always human interpretation of these standards.
World Bible School defines “follow-up” as any process directing a student to any resource outside of the World Bible School website(s) or correspondence programs.
This can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Sending students to websites not authorized by World Bible School
- Collecting student contact information for the purpose of disseminating information not in the World Bible School curriculum without written permission from World Bible School
- Using curriculum not authorized in writing by World Bible School
- Referring students to any persons or organizations without the direction of World Bible School
Privacy and Review
World Bible School can review any communications between teachers and a student.
Teachers will provide copies of communication between teacher and students done outside of the website upon request by World Bible School. For example, World Bible School may ask a teacher to forward to WBS an email thread between the teacher and a student.
Teachers may appeal a disqualification decision by writing World Bible School at:
P.O. Box 2169
Cedar Park, TX 78630
P.O. Box 2169 Cedar Park, TX 78630
By teaching any World Bible School students you are agreeing to the terms and standards defined in this agreement.
This document was last updated on March 13, 2014